Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th March 2009, 08:58 AM   #1
omar_uh is offline omar_uh  United States
diyAudio Member

Default SQ System - Need your suggestions

This is my first post here. I hope some one can give me recommendations to setup my system. Here is what I have

Alpine 9887
JL 450/4 (Active Setup)
JL 300/4
JL 500/1
Infinity Kappa 60.9
Infinity Kappa 693.9
JL W6v2 (Soon to arrive)

I know the infinity drivers are not exactly the SQ drivers, but that is all I have for now. The reason I have 450/4 if becuse I plan buying the HD-62 within couple of months. The sub is going to arrive in about 4-5 days from now.

I have attached a diagram of how the system is setup now (with the exception of the sub).

Please suggest any improvements you can think of. I still think the drivers sound harsh/bright. I have not yet gone for the alpine imprint, that is for later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg complete1.jpg (66.6 KB, 64 views)
Old 29th March 2009, 04:28 PM   #2
jol50 is offline jol50  United States
diyAudio Member

I would run the mids lower, or low as they can handle, especially the 6x9. I also tend to never run a sub over about 70Hz, but it depends on the sub of course. Could also try less slope on at least the 6x9. For SQ I'd run 15Hz subsonic but that also depends on how much you abuse it and enclosure/etc. How much EQ does that HU have? Try to deaden the front mids a lot for better midbass.
Old 31st March 2009, 09:44 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I agree on crossing the sub lower, 80hz is a good starting point. You are definitely going to run into some power issues with all that current. You might look into pricing a higher output alt. Overall I'd say your setup looks good, just be careful with the gains until you upgrade to the CDT's.

Hide this!Advertise here!