us acoustics usx1000 (zed) problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have a small problem, or maybe a big one. my us acoustics started to smell as if it were fried, but it never shut off or lost power. infact it still worked great. but when i took it apart to see what was going on i found that one of the power supply fets was broke off the board!! and the one across from it on the board was dead. i had a bunch of irfz44 transistors laying around and thats what was in the amp so i replaced the two bad ones and put it back together. after cranking it up a few times i noticed the smell again. so i took it back out and checked the power supply transistors again. they were all ok!! so now i find that one of the big output transistors has one broken leg and the one across from it is loose in the board. i pulled both out and a few others and checked them all and they all are ok. so i put it all back together and made sure the board is secure in the heatsink. but i have not yet hooked it up. im just wondering what could be causing that smell. there is no sign of burned up parts and no burned traces. so could it have been the loose or broken output tranistors?, even though they arent bad?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.