Xsite xad2k - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th March 2009, 09:23 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to MidLvlwoofer
Default Xsite xad2k

I am about to receive a broken xad2k amp, has anyone had any particular problems that occur regularly? From the pictures I received, none of the fets appear to be blown, although it is fairly hard to tell with the thermal shrouds on the front of the fets holding it to the sink. No gate drive resistors appear to be fried, and none of the lytics appear to be bulging. I didn't get a good enough shot to see if there were any case cracks on the driving transistors, might just replace with a UCC push pull system.

The question: Does anyone here have the schem for it, know about it, or know if there are any particular problems(commonly dead sections) with it, just to quicken things up a bit.

Any help/information/advice is greatly appreciated!

I can post the pics I received if needed.

I won't have the amp until Wed-Thursday, I have the normal equipment that anyone indulges themselves in the RF field has.

Thanks,
Sam.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:36 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

This is a clone amp used by many different manufacturers. They have multiple problems (too many to list here). When you get it, if you can give a list of the symptoms, it shouldn't be difficult to diagnose the problems.

I don't have an xsite schematic but I have a schematic for one of the clones. It has errors and omissions but it's better than nothing. Email me if you want it.

babin_perry@yahoo.com

Hide this!Advertise here!