Need help!!!I’m retarded… Clarion wiring…..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok I'm working on a old school Clarion deck. Clarion DRX-9175.....

I'm doing this for a class project, I replaced some burnt up parts that were in the deck. Now I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to hook it up to a DC power supply and test it. But first I need to know what each PIN out mean...... I will start with the easy one's first.
like I said I'm kind of retarded, well that is what my teachers say's, LOL.....

GND= Ground (-)

BATT= (+) constant source.

Remote=???????????

ACC=????????????

Phone Mute=?????????????

KILL=??????????

Now the cd deck has only 8 PIN out. These are what is written on the bottom side of the PCB right next to each PIN that is soldered.
I bought a schematic online for this deck. And on the schematic it also has (ILL) being listed too. But it's not on the PCB. And it looks like that PIN goes no where..

Any and all feed back would help me out...

Accessory = a switched 12 volt source. In a vehicle, this is the wire that turns the radio on and off when you turn the ignition switch on or off.

Remote = Amplifier turn on wire. When you turn the radio on, this wire tells your amplifiers to turn on.

Phone mute. This wire is supposed to be connected to the mute output wire of some older car mounted cell phones. When the phone rings or is in use ground is applied to the mute wire, the radio mutes so you can hear on the phone.

Kill = I must be retarded too. I have no idea what that one does.

Ill = Illumination. When 12 volts is applied to this wire, it lights up the buttons on the radio. I am thinking the Kill wire you are talking about may be Ill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.