Need Help with Clarion Deck...PLEASE....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I am working on a Clarion deck. DRX-9175.

Im just trying to find a Diode on Digi-Key to replace the Toshiba 1S1885A. If you know of another diode to use in place of this one please let me know. And Im also trying to find out what value the choke is in this deck. I will attach the schematics of it, any info is good. Choke (T401) on the schematic.

Email me and I will give you the schematic to look at.

MF_Fredrow@hotmail.com

ahhhh, I think I was looking at this too hard. The choke is being used in a circuit for DC-DC converting. I believe they are using it to step up the voltage. Because if I'm not wrong, the voltage going to the deck is only 12.5V(from the car battery, and on the schematic right after the choke where it runs to the diode they have 13.9V writting on the schematic, so I can have to figure out what size of choke to use their.
What do you think??

If they're using it as part of a power supply, it's critical to get the correct one. Have you tried pacparts to get the original part?

Don't believe everything in a service manual. There aren't many that don't have at least one mistake. If they were using this to step up the voltage, it would likely be more than a couple of volts. Can you post a screen cap of this area of the schematic?

The part was all burnt up, same with the diode right after (which I'm going to replace it with the 1N4002). So I just need to find close to the right value as possible. I'm going to think about it today while I'm in class, but any input from you is a 1,000 times better than I'm thinking at this stage in my electronics career.

I pulled an inductor out of a Pioneer head unit. It was 500uH. The one in yours is likely close to the same value.

The following is available from Mouser.
807-PTKM500R-59

Look at the dimensions before ordering it.

If the inside of the head unit got a lot of smoke, it probably coated the lenses of the laser pickup. There's only one lens surface you can clean. There are several surfaces you cannot clean. Before spending money on parts, determine if the CD player still functions.

OK, well looking at it, it looks like the circuit structure right there is a LC circuit. Which would be used for filtering out AC. Which if that is the case the impedance (XL and XC) would have to be equal. If this is so, what AC signal is coming into the main power lead (B+)??

Or am I looking at this wrong??

In car audio generally, any L-C networks on the +12vsupply line are there to filter out interference from the vehicle electronics, and, in the better designs anyway, consist of an RF and LF choke in series, with suitable value capacitors from +ve to -ve(i.e. ground)forming what is known as a Pi network. If a choke burned up I would tend to look for leaky or even shorted capacitors associated with it, or alternatively suspect that some internal component, such as an output IC or shunt diode had failed, overloading the circuit.
Incidentally that Clarion Part No. is for the choke, I would guess, and the genuine article SHOULD be available from Clarion

Hey thanks a lot for your input. Yeah the diode right after the inductor was toast. I have the schematic of the CD player. I kind of figured out the size of the inductor, I think. This CD deck doesn't use that much amps to run it, because it has no internal amp. Well I'm still waiting for the part to get here so I guess we will see.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.