hifonics viii remote turn on issues....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all, i'm running some of my hifonics viii amps in my new system but the problem i'm having is the current draw on the remote turn on of all things!

i have a pg dd10 to turn them on and this is supposed to able to turn 5 amplifiers on with each output, i know it works ok as i had 5 amps im my old car off it...

it appears to be only certain amps i have the problem with, i know how to test for amp draw so will do this later but how could i correct the problem? it's happening on a boltar and colossus.

currently i have one wired up to the accessory output remote to turn on which has fixed the problem but not ideal....

many thanks mark.

tried 4 series viii amps and 3 are drawing 0.003A or it might have been 0.03A can't remember!

the colossus drew a little more but nothing silly, i get interior light dimming when it turns on too.

i'm lost as to why the dd10 struggles to turn my boltar and zeus on but is ok if i swap the boltar for a thor then they turn on ok :confused: all remotes pull the same current, the dd10 is rated for 500ma per output so more than enough...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.