crossover amp hookup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an orion amp I am trying to hookup to my component speakers. My problem is this I hook up all the wires and everything and when I connect the wires to the crossovers my midrange speakers work but my tweeters play nothing but static. am i wiring something wrong? with my old amp they worked perfectly fine going thru the tweeter. I am hooking up a hp 2400 orion amp to a set of orions c2 6.2 component speakers and polks DB6501 component speakers. Passive Crossovers

Sounds like the lowpass or bandpass switch is on. Check and make sure the switch on the amp is in full range or high pass/hp mode.
Also, are you sure the orion is a full range amp? It may only play low frequencies/designed for running sub woofers.
Could you post a pic of your amp or give the exact model number?

jonesk1978 said:
I have an orion amp I am trying to hookup to my component speakers. My problem is this I hook up all the wires and everything and when I connect the wires to the crossovers my midrange speakers work but my tweeters play nothing but static. am i wiring something wrong? with my old amp they worked perfectly fine going thru the tweeter. I am hooking up a hp 2400 orion amp to a set of orions c2 6.2 component speakers and polks DB6501 component speakers. Passive Crossovers

hp 2400 orion

yea the amp is hp 2400 its right on there website. The people i bought from says that it is perfect for my component speakers. yea I had switched to full range and then tried high freq still nothing and i know it has to do with amp for simple fact i had my speakers hooked up to a different amp and they worked fine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.