I need help with blown kicker ZR240!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The power supply FETs are blown. I looked up the part numder on digikey's web site and they sell them for $2 a piece. If i get those transistors will the amp power on or still fry up again? I chekced everything else it's just those transistors that are burn't up.

Please help!

Attachments

• border_shadow_sm07.png
    border_shadow_sm07.png
    165 bytes · Views: 108
You need to check the output transistors. They often short and cause the power supply to fail. If they're shorted, the new transistors may fail when the amp is powered up.

You also need to check the gate resistors for the power supply FETs. After you remove the PS FETs from the board, measure the resistance of the (47?) ohm resistors that were connected to the first leg of the PS FETs.

Perry Babin said:
You need to check the output transistors. They often short and cause the power supply to fail. If they're shorted, the new transistors may fail when the amp is powered up.

You also need to check the gate resistors for the power supply FETs. After you remove the PS FETs from the board, measure the resistance of the (47?) ohm resistors that were connected to the first leg of the PS FETs.

There's only one resistor right next to the goldish pwer conductor. The colors are Gold, Black, Blue, Bage (?)

Thanks for the reply!

That's probably part of the snubber. The colors are probably yellow, violet, black, gold.

The gate resistors are going to be surface mount components. They will likely have 470 printed on them. They will be connected by a small trace to the first leg of the power supply FETs. There will be 1/FET. Check all 4 of them. They should be within 5% of the printed value.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.