MTX ts6001 Help Car Audio GURU!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a free amp from a friend and wanted to know if any one can help me repair it OR if it is even worth repairing, its a nice lokoing amp.

Problem, it powers up DUH! but at each speaker output its reading about 8.7V on the output stage, of course i'm smart enough not to hook up a speaker and kill the amp but im wondering what i should do to check it out or if i should fix it, easy fix ? Worth it ?

Pictures can be posted if need be, i think the outputs need to be changed.

J

Here are 2 photos, I just removed the board from the heatsink i see no blown traces :) a good sign, and no blown or burnt parts, Another good thing it uses irf240's i think i have a stick of these left :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You need to measure the voltage on the pins of the TL494 and the LM339. The pin configuration/numbering is shown in the image below. Copy and paste the following lists to post the voltages. Place your black meter lead on the ground terminal of the amp. Remove the two 30 amp fuses and replace them with a single 15 amp fuse. This will 'help' protect the amp in case you slip when measuring the voltage. Reinstall it in the sink before applying power. Clamp all FETs tightly.

Pin 1:
Pin 2:
Pin 3:
Pin 4:
Pin 5:
Pin 6:
Pin 7:
Pin 8:
Pin 9:
Pin 10:
Pin 11:
Pin 12:
Pin 13:
Pin 14:
Pin 15:
Pin 16:

Pin 1:
Pin 2:
Pin 3:
Pin 4:
Pin 5:
Pin 6:
Pin 7:
Pin 8:
Pin 9:
Pin 10:
Pin 11:
Pin 12:
Pin 13:
Pin 14:

Attachments

• 494pins01.gif
    494pins01.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 53
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.