dimentions of speaker box in speaker spec sheet?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, i have a quick question

in the spec sheet of a Kenwood KFC-XW1000F, it shows a reccommended enclosure, but the measurements are taken from the outside of the box. there is nothing about the thickness of the wood used for the enclosure.

so do i add the wood thickness to the measured values, making the box bigger than the one on the spec sheet???

Attachments

• 10inch box.gif
    10inch box.gif
    33.2 KB · Views: 58
From what i can tell if u build the box to there spec sheet using
3\4" wood the inside of the box would be the correct size if box is assembled correctly.

Not sure if thet figured in the displacement of the sub or not so u might have to add the 0.039 to the box volume also if going ported figure how much displacement the port takes also and add that to the box.

thanks mike.

well after doing some measuring, it looks like this box isn't gonna fit into my friend's 1\2 ton pick-up anyways, so we will hav to make another plan. it looks like a fibreglass enclosure is the only way to go.

if i build an enclosure that has a different shape, but same internal volume (about), will it give the same kind of frequency response? just thinking now i dont know how i am going to measure the volume 'cos we will probably mould the box to the shape of the cab behind the seats. how much different can the volume be before it starts to sound bad??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.