Capacitor connection question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all....I have had my capacitor hooked up this way for the last year now and have had no issues but after seeing some installation demostrations and some YouTube vids...I'm wondering if I might have it hooked up wrong? I followed the diagram on the capacitor box but this is the way I have it...

I have my main power wire coming from the battery to my fuse holder and fuse, to my distribution block, from the block to the capacitor, and finally from the capacitor to the amp....

Now, from what I'm seeing and reading...this is the suggestion given...

Go from your battery to your fuse holder with fuse, then go directly to the capacitor, then to the distribution block, and finally from the block to the amp....

With me going to a distribution block first and then to my cap...Is that the wrong way to do it? Does it make a difference?

Closer to the amp is better. It may help your headlights dimming a little, and might help your alternator and other electronics in the car live longer, but usually does not help the amp in a way you will be able to hear. Perry has great info about it on his site.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.