Clarion 2 yellow wires = no presets memory??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys ,

I've been trying to get some confirmation on this.

After doing a google search i've found that with Clarion decks its common that there are 2 yellow wires instead of just the One usual Memory wire (memory back up lead on the clarion manual).

The second yellow wire is called the "bus power lead" and is usually used for CD changers, DVD players, ect ... connected to the deck ...

I have heard from multiple people and read in multiple places to just wire the 2 yellows together and connect them to the yellow wire on my harness coming from the car.

There was a response where someone said if I were to wire these two together that the PRESETS in the deck would NOT be remembered ??

Thoughts??

The larger wire feeds the output chip of the deck. The smaller wire is for the memory circuit. They do that so you can connect the smaller wire to the constant wire of the vehicle, and they expect you to run a wire to the battery for the output chip. If you are not using the speaker wires of the radio, it will be safe to twist them together. If you are using speaker wires, in order to not tax the small wire of the vehicle, a fused wire connected to the battery is a better choice.
As long as the small wire has constant voltage, your memory will be fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.