xtant x604

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im working on an xtant x604. its a 6 channel amp. 4 reg channels and 2 passive channels the have a module in the amp to run the passive channels. The module consists of 2 large ceramic resistors 6 ohm 25%. Wondering can i replace theese with say 4 ohm ceramic resistors and get a lil more output out of the passive channels

My next question is 1 of the channels doesnt work. I replaced the 2 caps 4 resistors and 1 diode in the channel since they were bad. Now the problem im having is that channel has 6.80 volts dc on it wondering what do i check next

i checked all outputs they are fine so where do i go from here

The amps generally have both a bias and DC offset pot near the outputs. See if you can get the offset to an acceptable level by adjusting the pot.

The passive channels are driven from two of the other channels. If you want more power, connect the speakers to the terminals that go directly to the output transistors instead of the passive channel terminals.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.