First gen 250 Orion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had an output fail and when I was trying to remove the rail the top half of the rectifiers broke off. Partly because I had a major stupid moment....but that is another story...
I was also wondering sence I have the thing apart. Can I switch out the 07 and 57 drivers to the ones like I have in my second gen? I know the one number is a 1307 but I cant remember the other. They are the big plastic case ones that where normally black and green.

I am pretty sure that the highest current capacity for a TO-220 cased half wave rectifier is 16 amps. What is the part number of the one that got broken? If it has a 16 in the number there is probably no higher current one available. I can not remember ever having to replace one of those.

Its a SF163c. So like you said there are probably no better replacements. And these parts have been replaced before in this amp. Who ever replaced them did a horrible solder job and took some of the pad with the old parts. Well I will be getting some parts tomorrow hopefully.
You have any thoughts on my driver question?

Thanks for the rectifier numbers Perry.
Ya I was wondering if the 2sa1306 and its counter part ( the ones in the to-220 plastic case)
Would be a valuable up grade? Or are the 07 and 57's better?
Sorry about the 1307 thing..sometimes I get the part numbers from my cb radio hobby confused with my car audio hobby.

I'd leave the original transistors in the amp until they fail. The TO-220 transistors have a different pin configuration so you'd have to hard wire one of the terminals.

There are probably better subs if you need them. For amps with less than 80v rail to rail, the 2N6488/91 would be a good choice. For amps with higher rail voltage, the MJE15030/31 are a good choice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.