clarion optical cable - how to make..plz help - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd December 2008, 06:26 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default clarion optical cable - how to make..plz help

hi all
ok so my nakamichi cd 700 unit is out of my car and im going to restore it and service it,
trouble is i cut several laserations into my right hand (im right handed) thumb with a router while doing some woodwork...went to hospital for a operation on thefinger 2 weeks ago...she's healing nicely.. but its going to take probably 2 months or so before i get full use of the thumb...so the cd700 unit is fully stripped and in ziplock bags...will attempt to do the service at some point when i feel confident to handle all the small springs etc for re-allignment..of mechanism etc..

for the meantime. i just bought a CLARION HX-D1 headunit...waiting for courier to deliver it... but ive also got a clarion dcz625 6 disc shuttle/changer that has been sitting in a closet for around 3years now. this has a optical in... and the clarion hx-d1 has an optical out.....

cant seem to get hold of a cable... does anyone know how to make such a cable up?

on closer inspection it would appear its like an RCA plug only a slightly smaller version...
but i read somewhere that the clarion optical cable is directional and has TX and RX optical receivers built into the plugs????

surely there must be a way to MAKE SOMETHING Up that will work?

any suggestions?

regards
Anton

Hide this!Advertise here!