clarion optical cable - how to make..plz help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all
ok so my nakamichi cd 700 unit is out of my car and im going to restore it and service it,
trouble is i cut several laserations into my right hand (im right handed) thumb with a router while doing some woodwork...went to hospital for a operation on thefinger 2 weeks ago...she's healing nicely.. but its going to take probably 2 months or so before i get full use of the thumb...so the cd700 unit is fully stripped and in ziplock bags...will attempt to do the service at some point when i feel confident to handle all the small springs etc for re-allignment..of mechanism etc..

for the meantime. i just bought a CLARION HX-D1 headunit...waiting for courier to deliver it... but ive also got a clarion dcz625 6 disc shuttle/changer that has been sitting in a closet for around 3years now. this has a optical in... and the clarion hx-d1 has an optical out.....

cant seem to get hold of a cable... does anyone know how to make such a cable up?

on closer inspection it would appear its like an RCA plug only a slightly smaller version...
but i read somewhere that the clarion optical cable is directional and has TX and RX optical receivers built into the plugs????

surely there must be a way to MAKE SOMETHING Up that will work?

any suggestions?

regards
Anton

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.