nakamichi cd 700 clicking sound plz help !!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all
i while ago the FRONTLoader on my nakamichi cd700 gave a mech-e error. i got all the docs etc must just do the repair. now for 3 months in the meantime i have been using the CDC input, a shuttle a nakamichi mf-51 shuttle...

this morning i drove my car, the sound worked for a while then stopped, now its just this clicking clicking sound coming from the SOURCE UNIT, however even though CDC is selected and i can browse between cd's but there is no sound...

what can this be? any ideas? would like to get some ideas before i take out and open up my unit...

ciao
Anton

hi there

howsit adam,
the clicking sound is a mechanical sound! not thru the audio.
the amps appear not to switch on though..

so the remote start is dead... a few years ago i had to replace a transistor in an old clarion unit that did the same...

its funny, when i started the car and pulled away for all of 10seconds everything worked perfectly.. then suddenly NO SOUND and hecktic clicking coming from the unit...

ive also stripped the headunit. the magnetic puck i found it on the cd spindle, its not attached to anything? just a loose disc that was magnetically stuck on the felt spindle wheel...

i need to re-attach is... where though?

there was also some smoke that came out of the unit as i was taking it out, its where the input connections attach to the circuit.. resistor D403 is blown, definitely can physicall see... but its regular surface mount type ican sort/replace easily...

thanks alot so far
cheers
Anton

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.