orion2100 hcca

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Order/buy the correct value. I don't know if they use the resistor to decrease the speed of the fan or to prevent noise from getting into the system (from the fan) but it's best to repair it with the original value unless you have time to thoroughly test it to determine if bypassing (or changing the value of) the resistor will cause any problems.

Thanks for your help perry. Well after 28 power supply fets and 24 outputs,all new mpsu57's and07's 2 new caps, all the leds,3 resistors,2 fuses, and new torx head srews to mount to the heatsink, and lastly new speaker plugs in and out. The amp finally is up and running perfect. Just makes me sick what some people do to theese amps. I bought it off ebay that was my first mistake. but finally it works flawless

You sound like you got lucky. You didn't mention stripped screw holes in the sink. I've had some come in with nearly every hole stripped. Some were so smooth internally that it looked like someone drilled them with a drill bit. Those are fun, especially when you don't notice until you're reinstalling the board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.