Amp Problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well i smashed up my last car so i pulled out my amp and sub and in the process of putting it into my next car and im having some problems with the amp. Everything seems to be right with the wiring (i put everything in the last car), but my amp power light is slowing flashing on and off. I think its the remote wire bc its just a normal speaker wire not a solid, the ground seems to be decent....got any ideas?

Bavarian said:
Well i smashed up my last car so i pulled out my amp and sub and in the process of putting it into my next car and im having some problems with the amp. Everything seems to be right with the wiring (i put everything in the last car), but my amp power light is slowing flashing on and off. I think its the remote wire bc its just a normal speaker wire not a solid, the ground seems to be decent....got any ideas?

To test whether it is the remote wire, put a jumper between the B+ and Remote terminals. That should turn your amp on. If that doesn't do it, there is something else going on.

Amp problems

What kind of vehicle do you have it installed in now? Could be a voltage issue on the Turn-on wire. Some new vehicles have a very low-voltage turn on wire coming out of the factory radio, if that is the case you would have to step up the voltage on the turn on wire to trigger your after-market amp. PAC sells a part that helps you do this. It is called a TR7.

Test the voltage of the remote turn on you are using with a multi-meter, it should not be below 12 volts.

Hope this helps!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.