anyone run Rockford HX2 subs? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th December 2008, 01:24 PM   #1
skooter is offline skooter  United States
diyAudio Member

Default anyone run Rockford HX2 subs?

Been looking at them. they seem to be a beast of a sub! little pricey though! any coments are welcome.
Old 8th December 2008, 06:27 AM   #2
amc32 is offline amc32  United States
diyAudio Member

Personally speaking,I think the HX2's are the best design that RF has ever desighned. They handle power,and keep theyre value over time.Much better in my opinion than the new stuff.Maybe too good!
You have to watch out for the broken tinsle leads.Great mix of SQ and SPL by RF.Sensitivty is marginal.Works well in a variety of enclosure.
Great buy if you can find them in good shape.Make sure you inspect the tensil lead,use a lamp or flashlight to make sure the voice coil isn't abused. If you find them with a cracked dust-cap your on borrowed time,it will get worse and annoyying.

Lacks dynamics,when compared to other subwoofer in its new price range. But a good R&B,Rap,Reggae,Techno,subwoofer.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:02 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I have one ,

A 12" HX2, It sounds good and have great low freq, SPL, It drains lots of power from the battery through the amp. A very recommended Sub, one of the best.

On the downside, I didnt like the logo on the dustcap, so I painted it black, And the sound seem to slightly lack subjective speed, Maybe due to the long Xmax.

So I now use it for my home theater set up, installed in a 1.5 cu ft box with a plate amp, great for movies, the lows are clean.
Old 8th December 2008, 01:33 PM   #4
amc32 is offline amc32  United States
diyAudio Member

A 12" HX2, It sounds good and have great low freq, SPL, It drains lots of power from the battery through the amp. A very recommended Sub, one of the best.

On the downside, I didnt like the logo on the dustcap, so I painted it black, And the sound seem to slightly lack subjective speed, Maybe due to the long Xmax.

"Thats funny I never heard of a speaker being a direct load on a battery". "Maybe you should try reversing the speaker wires so that it begins to make power for the battery "

Black painted Dustcaps is for the Blues....

Very subjective,but interesting non-the-less

Hide this!Advertise here!