Kenwood KAC-801 relays?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If i bypass the two 24SMBU relays in the amp what could happen that would be bad? im not sure whats rong with the relays. they both meause the same resistance on the coil and they would only work if you applied a downward pressure to the top of the relay case. im not sure if it was a bad connection or faulty relays. i found them on mouser but im not sure who stocks them or if that is even my problem. also the amp worked fine bench testing when i jammed paper between the relays and the bottom cover to apply the pressure to the relays.

100_1056.jpg

100_1058.jpg

100_1059.jpg

Those amps were famous for bad solder joints. You pushing down on the relay just was making a bad solder joint make contact. Bypassing the relays could cause serious damage to your speakers. It the amp sees a DC offset problem, it opens the relays to protect your speakers. You will probably have a turn on or a turn off pop if you remove the relays.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.