a stupid question but do need Your help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I did got a BMW, fine car but....
the guy I got it from took out the woofer
and the amp in the back.

2 nice 3 way speakers are left, but
he cut the cables coming from the LG pre-out
The left one is blue/white, right/yellow red, hmmmm
How do I know what + and - could be ??

Can't take the radio out to have a look behind,
do wanna buy an amp to have the rear speakers running.

stupid OK but got no idea about it
Regine:confused:

so which speakers are still connected?? front speakers?

if im not mistaken - both ground wires from the pre-out should have 0 ohms across them, so take your multimeter and test the resistance across the wires - if there are 2 that have 0 ohms across them, those are your neg (-) wires.

so do you want the amp to run a sub or just the rear speakers?

ok so if i understand you, you want to put in an amp to run the back speakers, right?

just one question, how do you know that the cables that are cut are from the frontloader's pre-out jacks? are you sure they are not from the frontloader's power amps?? check the wires with a multimeter, and with the radio on it should measure about 6v (half the voltage of the battery). if it does then it can be connected directly to the speakers. if not, then its probably a pre-amp output (or not connected ;)) u never know, maybe you won't even need an amp

but if you find that you are still going to need an amp - are the power wires still in place from the old amp?? there needs to be 3 wires - poistive, ground and remote wire.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.