anyone running RE subs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've never installed any or seen them in person. Some of their subs look like and older brand (on the tip of my tongue!) I used to like. I'm debating between a pair of 8" re and pioneer currently. The pioneer will be easier to fit, they're the shallow model. I need a physically small sub to maintain box volume. The re's handle more power though and seem pretty sensitive.

I have sold them for a couple of years,old and new style.(Pioneer and Re). Pioneer shallow mount dont have enough excursion and depending on the type of music you listen you,you won't like them.Trust me I've tried them.The RE's on the other hand do need more room (depth) to mount,but the RE model will sound better.Let me make a recomendation though,if you have the money,invest in the SE model,this model doesnt come in a 10" but with work excellent in the cubic air space needed for an 8" subwoofer ( .5ft) with more low freq. output. Just my 2cent on the matter.

I need 8" because of diameter and depth limitation, so I can't get the next re line. (no 8" listed on their site for that line) I've actually had a few people tell me the pioneer sounded good, amazingly I've never installed a set???? I've put in several shallow kickers though. I wish the sony shallows were made in an 8.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.