external pitch control mod for cd player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With oldschool CD players you could change a clock crystal, or inject a signal from a variable frequency source. I tried that with my old Philips CD-150 deck, and it worked (using fixed crystals). Elektor magazine published plans for a variable frequency source for pitch-controlling CD players; it looked useful, but by the time I came across the article the PC board and EPROM were no longer available.

These days, the smart thing would be to just use a laptop, or get a cheap DJ CD player. Or a DJ add-on for an iPod.

But, if you like messing around, get a cheap/old CD player, build some kind of variable frequency oscillator and substitute that for the crystal oscillator.

The only external mod I can think of would be a gizmo that changes the pitch without changing the tempo, like some karaoke processors have.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.