Orion 250 amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im working on an orion 250 amp. Someone did a eal hack job on the unit. SO im wondering what are the value of the gate resistors for the amp?? And what power supply fets do i need since the resistors and fets are missing off the board. Hers a pic of the amp so you know what series it is

Attachments

• fc28_1.jpg
    fc28_1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 221
like i said someone did a real hack job on this unit. they took out the reisitors and used wire in there place, also put 2n6488's in the power supply section . so wondering if u can help? im wondering what power supply fets i need and what value resistors and what% they are? thanks for the help

Attachments

• img_1686.jpg
    img_1686.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 214
In that amp, they used 6488s in the supply. In most of their amps that used 6488s in the supply, they used wires or had the bases connected directly to the drive circuit (no resistor, no jumper wire).

There was another thread where someone was repairing one of these but I can't find it. Maybe someone else can find it for you.

Thanks Perry ill replace the 6488'sin the supply. I have antoher question on 1 side of the supply there are + and - marks on the board 2 of the locations are for the 317's and the 337t's what are the other 2 locations for? Im thinking diodes go there but what diodes do i need any help would greatly be appericared

Are you sure that the regulators are supposed to be the 317/337?

If the center leg of the positive regulator and the first leg of the negative regulator are connected together and also connected to the shield ground, the regs are the L7815 and L7915.

There are lots of options for the rectifiers. If you're using the Motorola parts, the MUR1620CT is the positive rectifier. The MUR1620CTR is the negative rectifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.