a/d/s amp please help - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th November 2008, 03:40 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default a/d/s amp please help

ok i figured out most of the amp im working on but when i put a fuse in it pops in sec i checked all through the ouput side everthing is fine. So im guessing the problem is in the power supply side of the amp wondering if the ne5534n's (op amp) if one is bad could that cause the fuse to blow or what should i check in the power supply all the fets diodes test fine.
Old 12th November 2008, 04:03 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Does the fuse blow with only the power and ground wires connected to it? No remote wire.
Old 12th November 2008, 04:05 AM   #3
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: a/d/s amp please help

Quote:
Originally posted by mike49504
but when i put a fuse in it pops in sec i checked all through the ouput side everthing is fine.

your baud rate is too high

Please post some pics and some model #'s and some history. Schematics will get even more people interested. We want to help but you got to give us enough info to get hooked.
Old 12th November 2008, 04:17 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

its an ads 860 mx its fine until u hook the remote wire up. with just power and ground the fuse doesnt blow
Old 14th November 2008, 02:39 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I hooked my meter leads up to the amp neg lead on the ground terminal and the positive lead on the collecter of the outputs. 1 side of the outputs for the four channels measures 31.75 volts The other side i have nothing like.02 volts so im guesssing i have no rail voltage on the outputs of the other 4 channels. So im wondering where do i go from here?? any help would gretly be appericated
Old 14th November 2008, 03:01 PM   #6
jol50 is offline jol50  United States
diyAudio Member

That means the PS is attempting to work if you found some rail voltage. I would double check the outputs for shorts if still blowing fuses, if you can just touch it and see if you get voltage on a speaker output that might tell you what channel is bad. Usually all the rails are hooked together for all channels on a 4ch amp but I am not familiar with this.

Do you mean you only get + rail and not the - rail? If so then check the rectifiers if good look for a short/etc in that rail. If I understand you right, you also need to put your negative meter probe on the common center tap of the transformer to test for rail voltage. Usually all the speaker terminals that do not go to outputs (half) go there. The rails often do not ground properly to the 12v ground.
Old 14th November 2008, 08:06 PM   #7
damage is offline damage  United States
diyAudio Member

When you remove the rectifier diodes, does it still blow the fuse?
Old 14th November 2008, 09:55 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

With the amp off, measure the resistance from the emitter resistors to the RCA shields. Do they all read ~0 ohms?

Before, the amp was working properly unless you replaced one particular power fuse. Is that still true?
Old 16th November 2008, 04:54 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

The amp was working but was blowing 1 out of 4 fuses. It doesnt blow the fuse anymore and i have 4 chanels working out of 8. I measured the resistors and they all read near 0 ohms. There are 4 torriods in this amp 1 torriod for 2 channels wondering what do i check now im stummped not sure why this amp doesnt work.
Old 16th November 2008, 05:09 PM   #10
jol50 is offline jol50  United States
diyAudio Member

Is one power supply popping its own fuse? If they are all separate then you have 4 amps in one. You tested all the PS and output transistors for that 'amp'/amps that blows the fuse/does not work?

Hide this!Advertise here!