DHD should repair?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't see a power supply so it is likely not worth fixing. You can't get over something like 17watts rms that way. I doubt it goes louder than a high power head unit. Might be a nice case to build a class d amp into though.

If you want to fix it, I don't know unless someone here has one to look at. Did you try to find the company online?

You couldn't put 100 watts INTO that amp, and get 100 watts out of it..

Strip it down to the aluminum shell, and toss it into a recycling bin. The op-amp will cost at least 12 bucks + shipping to get the same output that you would already get from the radio supplying it. A waste of time by every definition.

- Matt

You can buy amps for $20 shipped often, no sense in messing with that might as well get a real 2x35-75 rms amp. One day I bought a 2x300rms@2 ohms insignia for $40 shipped in the box new. Cheap amp but they work if that is your budget, or work for a while.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.