Help me fix Hifonics brutus BXi1206D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a brutus 1601 that is popping and going into protect mode when power is applied to the AMP.

It will pop and go to protect when turned on under these scenarios:

Remote knob plugged in
Remote knob unplugged
RCAs plugged in
RCAs unplugged
Remote signal wire connected to the appropriate wire from the headunit
Remote signal wire jumpered from the main power supply line

Im thinking I will have to go thru the same process as hakentt.
Perry is there anything else i can test to determine what is wrong before starting to remove and test components?

If the hip4080 is the board that is mounted vertically it has 11 pins if I'm counting them right
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
Sorry for my noob-nis to amps this will be my first repair on my amp. I'm an good at solidering and have confidence that it ca be fixed :)

That's the other version. It doesn't have the 4080.

You need to check the output transistors. There are 5 on each side of the amp (if I'm not mistaken). Do you read anything near 0 ohms when you measure the resistance between the legs of each individual transistor. Measure from leg 1 to leg 2, 1-3 and 2-3. Do this with no power applied.

If you need to remove the clamps, go to the following page:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/car-...sistor-clamps.html?postid=1317683#post1317683

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.