Hifonics BX1000D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello i have that amplifier... It have serious problem but i'm thinking to repear and make it fullrange amp! it easy to do that?? i want ask: what is the part name of output transistors and what part name has the power supply transistors? i cant see that because all of transistors is fried :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

i'm thinking to change the output transistors with IRF540N but i'm not sure... Thanks a lot for your help :)

IRF540's were used in older Infinity class D amps but I really don't think they are appropriate for this amp design, and changing to them opens the door to drive design considerations and circuit rework to alter spec's.

try IRF3710Z fets in the outputs. Also if the fets are fried the HIP-4080AIP is most likely toast also along with other passive components in the area.

As for full range well the amp was never design with that high of bandwidth in mind so the D class clock most likely is not high enough to allow successful and correct operation at 20 Kilo-hertz....

I don't believe I have ever seen a HIP-4080AIP D class amp design that was not a sub amp only. At least not commercially made anyway. But upgrading a sub designed amp to full range is pretty much a impractical mostly due to the engineering changes needed to accommodate the higher bandwidth. The higher clock speeds needed would cause issues with even the circuit board layout and the overall construction....

Tripath < when they were around> had a adaptable design used in sub amps. Try looking into more modern Class D amps that are rated for full range from the maker. Designs have change greatly since your Hifonics was built...Hope this helps...:)

The original transistors in the amp were probably IRF3710s (audio) and FQP65N06s (power supply).

I've had trouble with the newer IRF3710s in the 4080 based amps and have been using the IRF3710Zs as replacements. The Z version has worked well as substitutes in all of the amps that originally used the non-Z version of the 3710.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.