Soundstream Rubicon 702 Issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently acquired the above amp. I have bench tested it and everything seems OK except when I engage the LP X-Over. In Stereo and Mono both speakers play at the same volume when Balanced Right or Center, but both cut out when I Balance Left. In Sum both speakers play at the same volume throughout left to right.

Is this right ? I was hoping to feed a pair of 8" 4ohm subs with one on each channel. Is this the best way, or should they be bridged ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a rubicon that only the right input works in mono setting. Go to SS website and dload the manual for your amp. It likely is supposed to work that way, it was common for some older amps to do this instead of summing the channels like most new amps do now. Manual has wiring diagrams but output is same wiring as most amps.

Thanks

I just confirmed the same type of info you have provided. I am told it is the selection of LP X-Over that assumes it will be bridged or used in mono and the left channel is dropped.

I have the manual and it doesn't make this clear.

I appreciate your help. I guess I should consider myself fortunate that everything is working and the unit is very clean.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.