Kenwood KAC-X811D Current issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok here is my problem in a nutshell, MY trunk is uneven when my spare tire is in making my power wires pull out well while in the process the positive contacted the body of the amp and blew part of the board (a little part that had a line of solder on it) well i opened it up since no warranty and found this i ran a new bead of solder where the old one was it fixed the problem, a couple days later my battery was dead. come to find out now my amp draws current constantly even when shut off. btu the weird part is other than that my amp works fine. i dont know why its drawing current when off but it gets hot if left hooked up. when i remove the power i can here something click.

plz someone help me fix this i cant yet afford a new one and dont wanna have to unhook it everytime i park my car for any period of time.

no i cant even find the Q79

some more info i can tell you is that the resistance between the power and gorund inputs is when my red lead is hooked up to positive and black to ground it read out at 60K ohm but when i connect them backwards red to ground and black to positive i get 0 ohms a direct flow but it only does that in one direction.

take ur time to think it out some possibilties cus im going out of town till thursday.

Q79 should be within ~1/4" of Q80. It's a surface mount transistor. The base and emitter are marked on the image below. The 3rd leg is the collector. Measure the resistance between the emitter and collector (no power applied to the amp).

You can't use your meter to measure resistance with power applied. The voltage on the circuit will skew the readings.

Attachments

• kenwood811q7901.jpg
    kenwood811q7901.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 55
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.