AFS Kriket & BABB car audio??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
anyone here old enough to remember AFS Kriket Speakers or BABB???

would love to find info on these again. better yet a pair of Kriket 6x9's in good condition!

Babbs were odd in that they didn't have a spider to hold the VC in the gap. and they had aluminum cones with plastic stiffening ribs glued to them. very odd. but they sounded pretty good from what i remember of them.

Selling a pair of the 10oz Kriket Speakers in excellent condition with the green foam still intact and in great condition. If anyone is interested, let me know what your willing to pay, and maybe will be able to work something out.

Attachments

• IMG_6528.jpg
    IMG_6528.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6531.jpg
    IMG_6531.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6532.jpg
    IMG_6532.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_6534.jpg
    IMG_6534.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 85
SPEAKING OF KRICKET AND BABB DOES ANYONE REMEMBER MIND BLOWERS ? THESE WERE MY FIRST SET (NEXT TO THE JENSEN TRI-AXIAL'S) BACK IN THE DAY- HMMM IF i COULD FIND A SET I WOULD BE ALL OVER THEM MAN I LOVED THOSE SPEAKERS
Sure do...Tenna Mind Blowers....had a set of 6x9's, with the 100 watt amplifier attached that I bought with my first car 8 track player(Tenna brand as well) at a garage sale. everything sealed in the original boxes. The player had a cool little feature that was a spring loaded felt brush that would sweep across the player head, each time a cartridge was inserted or removed, to keep dust particles from interfering with the tape path. It also had Dolby NR and a loudness button(Like it really needed loudness control with those mind blowers connected to it). About a year or so later, I replaced the straight 8 track player with a Craig Power Play Wedge system. That with the Mind Blowers had all the other residents of my neighborhood calling my parents complaining how they could hear my stereo blaring from inside their houses when I would come home during the wee hours of the morning after getting off work @ 2-3 am. Man oh man......Floyd.....Zeppelin.....Robin Trower.....Yes.....ELP.....King Crimson...etc, all never sounded as good as they did with those Mind Blowers. The only comparison was when I had a later stereo system in my car with a Clarion AM/FM Cassette with AFS Cricket speakers in the rear deck, all 4 doors and front dash with a phase Linear 100 watt graphic EQ mounted on the tranny hub in the front seat area.

Man.....Those were the good old days my car stereos were loud as hell and all you could hear was the tunes when I drove by.......not the car sounding like it would vibrate apart like the stereos these kids have installed in their cars today. AND we installed them ourselves!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.