polk componets & Kicker 352xi amp Failure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hooked up my amp and the polk 6.5 woofer and tweeter with the crossovers. I just went ahead and ran all new wire instead of using factory wire. set amp on HP and gain at 1/2. really sounded good for about 2 hours and one tweeter went out! checket everything and was good. figured It was a dud and will get a nother one. well continued to jam with one tweeter and bam! the other tweeter went out! the back of the tweeter magnet burnt the crap out of my finger tip! What gives!

WOW, there's definately something wrong here. I have the polk db6501 components and there's no way you're killing those things with the 352xi unless:

-there's WAY too much distortion (not likely unless you're half deaf)
- there's Way too much treble boost
-You're connecting the tweeters to the wrong screws on the crossovers

I'm using a ppi a600.2 on each pair of my polks to give them 150 clean watts each. The kicker 352xi might give them 75 watts rms if you're lucky into 4 ohms stereo. The polk components are rated to handle 100watts rms. Something's fishy here.. are you bridging both sets on the amp?

I actually just sold one of those 352xi's on ebay a couple of days ago.

checked connections

I have it hooked up as it should be. mid and tweet +&- hooked to the proper screws on the crossover and crossover hooked up the the amp. left and right. gain is set right at 1/2. amp it set ho High Pass. Bass knob turned all the way down on amp, and treb is set at 3/4. no bridging. left channel and right channel . my alpine 9805 vol was at 15 or so when they went.

if you hook them up to the deck, you cant send them the right frequencies. You would be sending them all frequencies. You could put on bass blockers to them. But I would first turn down the treble setting and the gain on the amp first. In most of my systems I leave everything at 0(obviously not the amp). If you want more treble, turn it up slightly but if you have the crossover set up right and enough pwer from the amp( which I do believe you do) the the speakers will be sounding very nice when all is said and done.

BTW skooter, if your near the northwestern part of NC, let me know. or you can email me

maynardselectronics at yahoo and you know the rest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.