Front door upgrade. Need help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 97 jeep cherokee and am in the prosses of installing a set of Polk componets. I took door panel off and noticed there is a plug with nothing attachet to it. I figured it mite be for a tweeter in some other models. hooked up a tweeter and it is. Now I want to install the 6.5 speaker in stock location and the tweeter I am not sure where will be the best? also I have the matching crossovers for them. What is the best way to wire this? with the factory wire harnes ar should I just run new wire? These will be run with a Kicker Impulse 352XI amp. are these decent amps? I have all the bass I need with my PPI 2200 and 2 12" woofers. Any help would be great!

I do believe your right on the plug issue. When I worked as a auto tech some mdels came with plugs in the doors where on an upper level trim there was a seperate or something like that. Most factory wiring is good if you dont plan on using a big amp for them. But if you put in some components that require more than say 20w to them, it wouldnt hurt to upgrade to say 14 gauge.And wire them just like you normally would something like that....input from head unit or amp to crossover then out to components from there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.