NAKAMICHI cd700 or mb-75/100 service manual required

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nope.
I have no info on that model sorry.

As far as I know, once a nak laser goes, the only source is, Nak.

The dvd-10s is a prime example, they eat lasers almost yearly, cost two arms and three legs, and are only available from nak.

And dealing with nak is in itself a nightmare.

My advice,

Mourn it's demize, bury it in a cupboard, and move on.
One day someone might give you the info you need.
But the parts, good luck.

nakamichi cd700 thats got a mech-e error

I have a Nak CD 700 that I bought off ebay while back that I repaired but I occaisionall get the emech error. This is basically stating that you have a mechanical error in the mechanism. Example(the disk is stuck). These units had several problems. 1 problem is the mechanical arm mechanism & the magnet mechanism. Nak made a kit to improve this problem but I doubt you would be able to purchase it unless the company doing Nak distrubiting would have it. (They haven't had any of the parts I needed).
If you haven't had any luck with this here is something you can try if the arm is not retreiving magnet. The flimsy frame above the transport sometimes gets pushed up due to use. Take a micrometer & measure the distance of this frame(where the y inside a circle is) to the bottom of deck. Press it very slightly down. This will help arm to make contact if it's just missing magnet. Use the distance in case you have to pull back to original position.
The magnet problem can be compensated for very easy. The small magnet doesn't hve enough strength to properly clamp disk once part tolerance of the mechanism get off so if you have the version without a grommet or rubber ring on the hub(where the disc sits) just find a non working dvd player(I used a playstation 2) & remove the rubber ring. This is bet done by heating it up with a hair dryer or a heat gun on low setting(just don't melt it). Try to get the addvhesive off if possible to create a smooth even surface. Next put rubber ring on its back and spray lightltly from about a foot away with sppray adhesive. Let cure for about 20 secs. Put on the hub of the Nak. You must get it even. IE the edges of ring must be about the same distance from the edge of the hub. It must be smooth without any overlap or wrinkles. If you mess up just pull off hub & try again. It will still remain sticky. Just clean off any build up of glue off hub in between trys.
The new rubber ring prevents slippage of the disc from the bottom when the magnet isn't strong enough to prevent it.
After you get done with this remove old grease & re grease the sliding metal parts of cd mechanism. (only apply grease where grease was to begin with). Use the black moly grease for metal.
Please note on this player as you probably already know this iit's not good to play thick discs in the player as they can sometimes get stuck due to design of player.
This player is poorly designed from a reliability standpoint but is easily the best sounding player I've heard. Hope this helps. Donald

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.