rg59 rca cables for car stereo?? HU to amp interconnect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
has anyone used/bought/made car audio interconnects using RG59U cables. most car audio cables are some form of twisted pair. is the emi/rfi noise rejection from twisted pair cables greater than rg59u. the rg59 cable im looking at claims 3 layers of shielding, double copper braid with al foil.

I have never used 59 but we do use RG-6 to make cables in home applications. The compression connectors are not cheap. But they work great. The only problem I would see in a vehicle with the RG-6 is that it is stiff and could apply constant pressure on the jacks of your radio and amplifier. Granted the 59 would be much more flexible than the 6. I have no idea if the compression ends are available for the RG-59. The RG-6 does have superior shielding compared to any RCA cable I have seen.

i have heard many times that good video coax cable is great for audio. sort of an old installer trick. it is a bit stiff and thick but if you have the room go for it! RG6 uses 18awg if i remember correctly and better shielding. you can find rolls of it somewhat cheap on ebay.

you may as well use basic shielded twisted pair over RG59 because you may not hear a difference at all.

Yes you can find RG/59 connectors. But here is something that many people dont know about rg/59 or 6. They both can carry a larger amount of bandwith than just a regular pair of rca cables. However, if you look at some of the much more exspensive rca cable, they are if I remember RG/58, which is a tad smaller than 59 or 6. I use to make my own Componant, Audio and Video cables from RG/6 all the time. Sometimes it is worth the extra cost in home audio anyways.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.