Power Acoustik Amp Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hooked up my 1600w power acoustik amp yesterday and turned the key to see if it would turn on and sure enough it did. the only bad thing is my speaker wires were touching and blew something in the amp. I have pictures of what is blown i was wondering if this could be replaced. the other speaker output works fine.
DSC00205.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

I have figured it out to be a FET. with number IRFZ44N so i ordered some and was wondering if it is as straight forward install as it seems ? Im going to replace all 3 of them on that side.

There are 6 on that side. All 6 need to be replaced.

You also need to check the two 2SA1266 driver transistors near those FETs.

Is there soot on the other side of the board across from the blown FETs? If so, is that from a previous failure or are those FETs blown also?

It's possible that the output transistors have failed. They are the larger transistors in the amplifier. If you read anything near 0 ohms between the legs of any individual transistor, the transistor (or one in parallel with it) is shorted and will have to be replaced. If one of 3 (4?) with the same part number has failed, all of the ones with the same number in that channel will have to be replaced.

maybe you can help

maybe you can help me bro..my LT1920/2 is broken..the same part that your amp burned up, mine are just broke..did you find the parts for your online or what..i've asked PowerAcoustik's parts and tech department but they are like "you bought it, it's your problem now." Can you tell me where I can find the FET's like you had to replace in yours? Thanks..I'm attaching a pic of one of the FET's I need..thanks again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.