SoundStream Class A 5.0 issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't have schematics for this amp. I know the unit is a high current amp.The amp powers up no problem,I have DC (6volts) on one of the outputs,the other one plays fine.Idle current is about 1.5amps.

Here's the issue the power supply rails are reading +- 16volts.But there are 50volt caps also in place. Do the rail swing up in voltage as needed much like (Zed) Hifonics.Or is it something I'm missing.
Amp is rated at 12.5 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms,it does that with no problem.
It's the 250 watts x2 @ 1/2 ohm that I'm somewhat skeptical about.

6 volt dc out on speaker terminal.I believe driver board has taken a dump.Are they still available as a whole or would I be better off rebuilding it.Have concerns over what looks like a 8 or 10 pin IC used in it.May not be readily available.

Any comments on any issue would be appriciated.I'm tired of kicking it around and would like to get rid of it working properly than having to part with it broken.

I have the schematic. Email me so I can send it to you.

babin_perry@yahoo.com

The driver boards are available but are also easy to repair. jandrelectronics on eBay has them.

http://stores.ebay.com/JandRelectronics_Soundstream-Parts_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ20QQftidZ2QQtZkm

If you decide to rebuild the driver board, let me know. There are a few things that make it easier.

Check for DC on the input of the driver board. If there is less than ~0.1v, the fault is very likely on the driver board.

In high power mode, the rails are supposed to be ±22. ±14.5 in high current mode.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.