Can aluminum foil be used as sheilding?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is nowhere in a car you can put an amp that doesnt have some form of wiring within 12". If you are getting noise becasue of wires you have a bigger problem.

You can disconnect the seat belt alarm....I do....just because I don’t want to hear the thing tell me I should put on my seat belt....I already know.

I always installed my amps power cables as far from the RCA lines as I could. To be honest, even if they were within inches if they were good quality cables I still could not hear any difference but some could argue this fact.

Good luck....
-JH

As far as shielding is concerned.The entire chasis of the car is a power cable(negative)and electrons flow from negative to positive.The notion of isolating power cables from signal is just that a notion.Proper grounding and ground points are cruical.As well as proper signal cables designed for the automotive enviroment.Get a good Head Unit install the amp and disconnect the reminder alert if it bothers you.Save the aluminum foil for the fiberglass sub install or kick panels,you will need it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.