Info needed on 1 sub 1 amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks

I have a jeep cherokke and have been running 2 12" DUBs of my ppi. I am trying to get some room back now. Tired of the big box. I listen to mostly rock and some metal. Little bit of boom, boom some times.

Attachments

• boys skating and jeep 013.jpg
    boys skating and jeep 013.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 64
What you want then, is a low Q driver that can work properly in a small sealed box. They can run a really small box like around 1cf for a 12". Beware of many mass manufacturers that say their sub works in a tiny box, but they really don't. One I have seen is stereointegrity for example, it is made specifically to run a small box and still get low. Idmax is another IIRC, I have used neither. If you have a larger amp then should be no problem getting loud enough for music. The best cheaper one I have used is an mtx 10 that works well in a .8cf sealed, but only a 4500 so only good for 225rms. Ran that on 300rms from a bridged ppi and it worked great, though not as loud as a single 12. You could also build a passive radiator box, they can work really well and be small but I'd go sealed for higher wattage. Any sub is not going to get the bottom in a small sealed, you really need one made for it unless you like really tight booming bass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.