Innovatek

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone had any dealings or experience with Innovatek products, preferably through www.mp3playerstore.com.

I am really interested in the all in one system
Innovatek IN-657GPS 2DIN MOTORIZED 7'' TFT LCD with GPS and Built-in DVD/DIVX/SD/USB/FM/TV Player

but am looking for some source here in WA state so that I can listen before I buy this.
I want to makke sure it sounds better than the Delphi system in the new car as it is right now.
I cannot seem to find a local dealer of this brand.

thanks for your replies.

Jean-Pierre

I know nothing about the brand/model but I suggest that you ask about the warranty and the turn-around time if the unit needs to be serviced. Units that are not from large manufacturers like Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine... often will not supply parts or service literature so you are generally at the mercy of the distributor.

Some of the OEM head units are also used for door chimes and have integration for the on-star or similar features. Replacing the head unit may require additional modules to restore these functions. Also, some of the head units have built-in equalization for the OEM speakers. The new head unit may not sound the same as the OEM head unit. Some of the installers here may be able to offer more details if you provide more information about the vehicle.

I would come up with a few more bucks and get the DUAL XDVD8290. It's a better unit and the GPS is internal so there isn't an extra box to try and tuck away somewhere. I actually plan on buying this one for my girlfriends car sometime soon.

http://www.dualav.com/indashvideo/xdvd8290.html

Of course a trusted name brand is always better, but they run well over $1,000 with all the same features.

but am looking for some source here in WA state so that I can listen before I buy this.
I want to makke sure it sounds better than the Delphi system in the new car as it is right now.

A side note relating to car audio demonstrations-

It’s really not possible to listen to a product/system in a demo room and compare it to an entirely different system in a vehicle. That wouldn’t be a fair comparison as there are no common elements between the two situations to judge against.

In fact, a car audio demo room will effectively show you little more than how features work and *very* general comparisons in sound between products that are in *that* room. That’s an opinion, but it is based on a decade and a half of trying to explain “well, it’s not going to sound like this in your car,” or “when we get it in your car it’ll sound more like this.”

In your situation, if the Delphi is a CD or DVD unit with “high” power output (as most factory systems are), I wouldn’t expect a big difference in sound by exchanging it for another CD/DVD unit with “high” power output.

Changing/adding speakers and/or external amplifiers is more likely to make a real improvement in sound quality, if that's what you're after.

I remember one shop I worked for (as contractor building custom boxes) we rolled a non running chevette on the floor and made doors that you could put the 12''x12'' speaker mounts from the display booth in.

If someone was wanting to hear what an amp/sub/speaker combo sounded like in a car we could just pop them in and give a better idea what they really sounded like.

It was also a way to demo these seat shakers.....

Those are crazy!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.