JL 500/5 Part identification issue????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys, seems that I'm always asking for your help and giving little of my own, but here's another stupid question. I have a JL Audio 500/5 amp that came to me with a 6 amp idle current draw. It was easy to find the shorted outputs (Q102 & Q104)on the front right channel, and I replaced them with a matching pair. The high current draw is now gone and the rest of the amp works as it should however the MosFets must have damaged their drivers as the Left front output is clipped and low powered. I have no schematic but the driver appears to be Q101. The part is marked K131 and C3198. Can anyone identify this part? Any additional advice on this amp would be greatly appreciated as I am new to repairing class D amps. Thanks, Messerschmitt

More about the 500/5

Well, this is just getting worse. I removed the KTC 3198 as mentioned in my last post. I brought it into my office to look for a cross reference and now it is gone. Probably in my wifes vaccuum cleaner. Does anyone know of a cross reference part or where I can get a replacement? I'll need to replace it before proceeding with my repair of the 500/5 and answer Perry's questions.

I have a water damaged 1000/1 that I could trade some parts from if needed.

Messerschmitt

sorry for the slight off topic... just want to ask Perry something....

I'm having difficulty identifying a SOT89 SMD part... the markings are "BE" and then "RQ" below it. "BE" is identified as BCX55, there is no "RQ" in my database, but the BCX part is NPN and the part I need is PNP. any idea what it is or what is a good substitute?

it is part of a "half totempole" driver stage (the other half is the output transistor in the TL494) for the SMPS FETs (8pcs of 85N06).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.