Soundstream Rubicon 805

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Soundstream tra 1400.2

Sorry to change subject but it wouldn't let me post a thread.

I overheated my soundstream tarantula 1400.2 last weekend, I don't know much about electronics but 6 of the mosfet transistors were noticeably blown. I replaced all six and now when I hooked back up as soon as I connected power it smoked 1 of the replaced transistors so I unplugged ground right away and disconnected. Anyone know what else could be wrong, Like I said I really don't know much about electronics.
Thanks Ryan

Hi

I think that may had blown drive stages for those fets, maybe IC itself too

I can't say it would be from overheating, but if one fet went, all others were gone at the same time...I had half bridge output (two fets in series) and when one did had enough of working, other was gone too...most of the times(if not every time) because of destroyed Gate, so between all pins of fet there was ~0R

audiobahnkid592 said:
there was nothing wrong with it i can say it is one of the best sounding amps i have ever owned my other soundstream had great quality

Yeah I agree, but many old school guys think the Reference series was there pinnacle amp group. I disagree cause the Rub series addressed all the issues the Ref series had. So I feel the Rub series is much better final product... I fix these and the older Ref series, and have done so for years. My last SS amp off my bench was a TR1600 Tarantula series. Some "Ding-Dong" had tried to repair that amp with wrong parts amazing that it only lasted 5 minutes lol lol lol Good luck on your find..:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.