I'm going down in flames

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought we had a relationship here at DIY?I just got caught with contra-ban amplifiers by my wife.She made me put them up on Ebay.
Justonemoreamp didnt offer not even an e-mail of help to save my extended-familly.He ask for a buy-it now price and watched me down in flames.

Can we all just get along!!!!
Pimp Down-Pimp Down Code 69:bawling:

Why not just be honest with the Mrs. ?

I really don't understand what you are talking about :confused: . A possible buyer asking for a buy-it-now price at Ebay sounds quite common to me. At least it will be faster off your hands.

You've got yourself in trouble, i understand that, but trying to put the blame on others seems far out to me.

Best regards
Ebbe

amc32 said:
I thought we had a relationship here at DIY?I just got caught with contra-ban amplifiers by my wife.She made me put them up on Ebay.
Justonemoreamp didnt offer not even an e-mail of help to save my extended-familly.He ask for a buy-it now price and watched me down in flames.

Can we all just get along!!!!
Pimp Down-Pimp Down Code 69:bawling:

JOMA buys low and triples and quads his profits only, so its important to sell it to him for nothing so he can make a living on your pain.....

Thats why hes the e-bay amp pimp. And all his stuff is always "new in box", "Dealer Display Unit", or "part of his private amp collection " < I like the last one best, cause you have to actually collect amps to have a collection and he sells everything he gets his hands on for quadruple what he pays for it LOL LOL LOL

Expect no mercy from people like him, its all business to him, and he likes his profit, or he would not be doing it like he does...Sorry about you issues with JOMA , welcome to the growing crowd of people he has upset in one way or the other.....But you can't fault the guy for trying to make money, its upsets the politically correct among us LOL LOL LOL

1moreamp I thought you were him (JOMA),no wonder why he didnt reply to my distress calls.

As far as Wife Managment 101,I have thrown plenty CHANNEL in the trash.Its just this time,I've been crying broke all summer and buying all the amps people were selling for gas money.She wanted to go to the movies,we rent them.She wanted to go out to eat,I grilled.She knows the rules to the game just like I do.But it still hurts.
I have 3-5002 LP 1-8002 LP 1-3002LP
2-Tubers
3-2250XTR 1-2100HCCA
2-425HCCA
ect,ect.....to name a few...
All I need was a email saying these were valuable investments that would yeild more if they were allowed to mature......yada yada yada...

You see I keep it Pimpin,even when in trouble.:cool:

Well sometimes you can only do what you can do with the wife. Some are going cheap right now, half what they were 2 months ago or less. I want to try some and will eventually dump many, collecting is not for me but have more than a few right now. I only keep dirt cheap amps and a couple setups to meet potential situations in a new vehicle.

Yeah, when a good name old amp goes cheap he is there waiting. He has outbid me on many at the last second for $20-50 or something on a rodek or odd branded ppi/etc. Next they show up on his list all polished up. I find all the listings that are rare/mint/special/15lbs/etc entertaining but often tiring as most are not. Either way now is not time to sell good amps unless you price them.

This one I found hilarious, a real 3 foot long powerhouse that only has one channel out and a great brand too....:smash: 120280666589 See the same thing with better amps.

amc32 said:
1moreamp I thought you were him (JOMA),no wonder why he didnt reply to my distress calls.

LOL LOL LOL Thats why I changed my name many months ago. I signed on using his name as a joke, and actually trying to be helpful to people, but alas you can't change someone for the good, so I changed my ID back to one that everybody knows on e-bay and three other forums. Sorry for the confusion, I did my part to clear it up many months ago.... :) :) :)

1moreamp has 100% + feedback, and JOMA liked my name so much he sent me a PM telling me and asking if it was copyrighted before he became justonemoreamp aka Jim Lincoln out of Bahalia Miss.

I live in Nor-Cal, and I have his PM asking about my name before he cloned it back when he has less then 200 feedback aka Jbl031203. I been watching this Clown :joker: ever since, sometimes he gets caught up in his "Game" like last week when a unhappy buyer tried to resell one of his junk amps on e-bay that JOMA sold him. The repartee between them was posted in the questions section, it was hilarious to say the least.
Or the fella with the "MINT" SoundStream Continuum that had 4 inch holes cut in the bottom plate. I have some e-mails with him also.. Sad to say the least but JOMA passes all his bad luck on to others all the time....

"Caveat Emptor" around that fella, and remember he is not alone there are at least 6 other dudes doing the same "Game" on e-bay. E-bay has convinced everybody that you can get rich buying other peoples misery and reselling it the next week. You gotta love that thinking as they < E-bay> gets paid twice on old used junk electronics ....

Electronics has a life span, none of it was built to last forever, and none of it is worth what those guys are asking for it unless it comes with a certificate of re-manufacture from a reputable service clinic. Capacitors don't last 15 years when the makers only rate them for 5 years service... You can't fight reality... old is the same as used with electronics... but most people don't understand this factoid of life, and electronics.....:whazzat: and some people are just unscrupulous enough to take advantage of this lack of knowledge of electronics..

"Even sitting sealed up new in a box Capacitors go bad with age, so even if you were to actually find a item unused in its original box and sealed, its still OLD and USED by age alone, it just looks nice, and pretty while the caps inside are probably leaking and off value by 50% or better... I change electrolytic caps daily in flat screens and amps, I actually can make a living off of bad capacitors,,, but I warranty my labor of love, unlike many others out there... :D

Sorry for your troubles, but if any of you need to talk to me please PM me before you make plans on anything, I will answer:)

PS how long did your last car battery live in your car ? 5 years maybe ?
Electrolytic Capacitors and battery's have similar characteristics and "OLD is the same as USED and out of lifespan...Sorry but this is the world we live in....:bigeyes:

Have to love how ebay got rid of the bidder names now so it is harder to track them. Also funny too is how the only bad feedback I have is from sellers that did not send product or sent me total junk...and now that negative feedback from a seller is outlawed just for that reason, funny how I still have them. Yes I sent support at least three messages complaining about it how if you dispute or give negative you are sure to get the same back from these morons, so why do I still have them....I guess it is not retroactive as ebay could care less.

jol50 said:
"Jacked the BIOS"? I never seen one of those, is that a true statement? Thing looks pretty rough for 1100 bones....

I can think of several amps that use PIC micro0controllers for protection in them and yes they have a BIOS to operate the control system with, that people want to bypass so they can run the amp unlimited. And yeah rough for $1100.00 is a fair statement also :whazzat: :whazzat: :whazzat:

I sort of feel for the buyer in this case, as its not the first situation like this I have seen surrounding justonemoreamp. He is quite the Carnival Barker when it comes to selling car amps. I really think he missed his calling on a used car lot somewhere.... Can anyone say :joker:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.