mtx amp problem [[help!!]]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i've got a mtx roadthunder kit. the number on the amp is RTP251D.

i'm not familar with the internal workings of the amp, but i thought i'd try and see if anyone knew anything that might help me.

the problem i'm having is that sometimes my subs won't work. the amp doesn't light up, and they don't work at all. but if i go over a bump or around a corner, they turn on. so it would seem to me that something is loose in the amp, and is moving with the car.

i guess i'm just hoping for a suggestion, because i really don't have the money to replace the entire amp right now.

thanks!

DigitalJunkie said:
Have you checked all the wiring to the amp?
Power and remote wires are tight? No loose connections?

I'm assuming there's a fuseholder under the hood,near the battery (there should be!!) maybe a connection on that is loose?

More then for loose wires I would check for voltages, if there are on remote and + terminal, when the amp should be on. Work you way back from the amp and see where you can find 12v

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.