alpine 7909, fixing the lighting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i just replaced the bulbs on the left side of my alpine 7909. i wasn't able to find bulbs the exact same size, so i had to use slightly bigger ones. the panel lights up fine now, but the new bulbs don't dim when i turn on the car's lights ( the other lights do), and they won't turn off when i use the units blackout feature. any thoughts on how to resolve this?

65T95516W01 is the part number of the original bulbs. They are available at pacparts.com or 1-800-421-5080.

http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?C...ow_start=1&src_model_id=7909&action=list_part

You may not be able to access by copy and pasting. If not simply go to pacparts.com then click on model number then it will bring you to a page asking for a username and password, leave both lines blank and then click Submit. Then enter 7909 in the model number column, click search and there will be a list of the most commonly used parts for that deck. I owned one of those babies in 89.

I have no idea if they ship to Asia.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.