Stuff i got for free

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was helping someone out and for payment i recieved a good bit of car audio, and i would like to know the quality of it all. I got two 15" Rockford Fosgate subs. I cant figure out what ones they are online or on the site. They look just like the RFD2215 but instead of saying Punch on them they say Power. Also i recieved a Hifonics Zues Amp. And i believe a 60 watt capacitor. I dont really know anything about car audio and would like to find out if they are worth my time getting it all set up in my car.

The Zeuss should have a roman numeral following the name (VII, XX, etc?) There have been numerous changes to the line over the last 25+ years.

Someone here is bound to know the details on the subs.

What you have there is either pretty good, or very very good equipment depending on exactly what models the pieces are.

Regardless, it's certainly worth installing if you have room. And if you'd like advice on how to proceed, this is THE place to be!

yokcoletta16 said:
I was helping someone out and for payment i recieved a good bit of car audio, and i would like to know the quality of it all. I got two 15" Rockford Fosgate subs. I cant figure out what ones they are online or on the site. They look just like the RFD2215 but instead of saying Punch on them they say Power. Also i recieved a Hifonics Zues Amp. And i believe a 60 watt capacitor. I dont really know anything about car audio and would like to find out if they are worth my time getting it all set up in my car.

i think your sub is an RFP with a 4" coil, the 'P'ower series is a step up from the RFD 'punch series with a higher ''Y" value for the magnet and a bigger voice coil...if you have a chance get it re-spidered with a thicker spider, then add about 1oz of weight under the dustcap...the original spider was too thin to support the weight of the 4" coil when mounted vertically.

but if it still works dont worry about it...but if you can spare $100 get the spiders.

the amp, if the specs you gave are correct, should put out around 500 x 2 when bridged into 2 channels...hook it up to an ammeter at idle and make sure it doesnt draw more than 5 amps at idle....measure the outputs at idle and see if it is putting out any DC...and come back

the RFP subwoofer was dual 2 ohm coils, so youd have to hook the coils up in series per woofer... then bridge it to the amp.

and the same for the other sub with the other set of bridged outputs of the amp.

if someone hooked the subs coils up in parralel per sub, theres a good chance the amp could be defective.

is it worth hooking up? your damn right it is...BUT you may want to check and see if the cap is still good though.

make sure you have atleast 2.5cuft sealed per sub, or 3.25cuft ported per sub...if you dont have the space dont waste your time.

3 cuft sealed and 4 cuft ported, should be the least...for acceptable performance.

Punch Power DVC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.