"Best" sub from a build quality stand point?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
drumheadz said:
Have you heard any of CDT ES series subs?? Ihave a couple of CDT ES-1200SQ its really the best Musical Woofer iv heard and iv have owned them all in one time ore another. If your going to stockholm any time soon i can invite you to check them out. i have one fore sale to !! ; ))

PS:exucse my spelling but im swedish you know:DS

Hi drumheadz,

No, I have not heard any of the CDT subs yet, I hadn't heard of the company at all either, but now I will check them out later this weekend.

I'll e-mail you, as chance has it, I live in greater Stockholm, so I would very much like to check them out.

buggsson said:
I should perhaps have given more info in my previous post.

- Budget is secondary, to a degree.
- Soundquality and good build is what I am after, not SPL
- My application is tapped horns

It has to be sturdy, it will experience some harsh times, due to the way the tapped horns work.

There are so many brands out there, I just wanted some help stearing away from the bad ones. I've seen a few new brands in jol50s list. My own list so far contains these brands:

Alpine
Atomic Speakers
Audiobahn
Audiopulse
Audio Top
Cadence
Cerwin Vega
Clif Designs
Digital Designs
DLS
Dynaudio
Eclipse
Elemental Design Audio
Elevation Audio
Emphaser
Fi Car Audio
Ground Zero
JBL
JL Audio
Kicker
Kole Audio
MA Audio
Magnat
MB Quart
MTX
Orion
Power Acoustik
RE Audio
RD Audio
Soundstream
SPL Dynamics

I have not been able to check out all of their web sites as yet, but I am getting there. Any input on these brands?

What about book tips?

Kicker? Are you mad? They have the most colorful EQ response I know of (second to Bose).

Yeah I liked the build on the old Rockford Fosgates.Steel frames double magnets that were 8" in diameter.Lets not forget the original Crunch's and LA subwoofers(not to be confused with LA Sound).Only one problem with them all.They didnt work.They were all designed around parameters meant for either Pro or Home audio.So you either sacrificed performance or you got eaten alive by more effiecnt subwoofer like the original (black cone,red surround)Cerwin Vega.

Any how here's my list of best contemporary subwoofer from a build
quality stand point:

Eclipse
Fi
Re
DD
JL
RF
Some Harmon Corp.

And my all time favorite sleeper of the list: Audiobahn ALUM series

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.