ISO Car Radio Connectors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There should be a little lever/lock mechanism that holds that black thingy on. I'm not sure where you are talking about. The connection directly at the deck or a few inches away on the end of the wires that come out of the deck? Some deck's have the wire's coming out of the inside, and others have a terminal to plug one of those black thingies into. Otherwise you are talking about the first connection from these wires to the rest of the car.

If you have a deck that the wires come out of, without a harness, then I don't know about opening the deck to access the wires.

Sometimes the lever's on those must be broken to remove the piece. I don't know why, but some manufacturers seem to think that once you connect it you won't have to disconnect it: ever.

Anyway, unless the cables are pretty poor or you are an extreme audiophile, I don't see any need to replace the wires from the head unit. If you are the audiophile, then you have an external amp, and just the power/ground for the deck need replacement. I've never tried this and am interested to see if larger power cables to the deck can help with preamp operation. Testing equipment or someone with a very good ear would probably be needed to tell the difference though.

Why do you want to replace these cables?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.