Anyone heard of Quadt audio?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Never heard of them, but many brands in car audio are decent even without name recognition. If possible put them in a sealed enclosure and a baffle. See which sounds better. Car speakers without custom enclosures usually act like they are in a large baffle. Your ear should be able to tell the difference. Aim for a flat response rather than low extension.

I've found that boxes for car midranges usually aren't as good as going the baffle method (just install in the opening). Perhaps most car speakers are designed for this.

I've got a pair of volfenhag zx-4812's in my car, and they sound nearly identical to Rockford fosgate HX2's. Everyone online discriminates against these subs, but everyone that hears my car note's that it is clean and plays low. 2 people I know are into competitions and my father is an audiophile; all say it sounds good at a great price. Its not even in the optimal box! The comp goers claim that I might be able to win competitions based on number/size of woofers (pure db though.) In a van! Also, if I port for db, WinISD reports a 15db increase, which will put me over 145 since my db meter only goes to 130db.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.